Hello foodies! A new week has started – let’s do it better than the previous one!
It’s time for our second interview with an influential vegan blogger. Today our special guest is Michelle Cehn.
She is the founder of World of Vegan, and is working to make the world a kinder place for animals through video and creative media. She has worked with organizations including Mercy for Animals, Farm Sanctuary, PETA, Vegan Outreach, and PCRM, and you can find her bite-sized vegan videos at MichelleCehn.com. The website was recently nominated for “Best Website” in the @vegnews 2017 #VeggieAwards.
Michelle was kind enough to answer our questions, in order to help you understand more about being vegan. In the first interview with Ami @the_sunkissed_kitchen, we go some really useful information and there’s more coming for you today. She also gave us a very good recipe for a pumpkin cake.
Let’s learn more about Michelle from her interview.
- 1 package brown rice pad thai noodles (8oz)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped (plus other veggies you’d like to add)
- 1/4 cup julienned carrots
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup water
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- Juice of 1 lemon or 2 limes
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha (plus more for topping)
- Optional garnishes: grilled or fried tofu, sliced green onions, chopped peanuts, lime
- Soak brown rice pad thai noodles in hot water in a large bowl for 15 minutes or according to package directions.
- In a large pan, sauté the broccoli, carrots, garlic, and any other veggies you add in olive oil for a few minutes.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the 1 cup of water with soy sauce, peanut butter, lemon or lime juice, sugar, and Sriracha.
- Drain the soaked noodles and add them to the veggie stir fry pan along with the peanut sauce. Allow to cook until the liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes.
- Serve with optional garnishes like tofu, sliced green onions, chopped peanuts, Sriracha, and/or a sliver of lemon or lime.
That’s all for today guys! We are coming back tomorrow with our new recipe. See you soon!
Thanks for being with us, one more time!