The recipe that I have for you today is very nice. Usually I don’t like to make you feel uncomfortable about cooking, so that’s why all the recipes are fast and easy. It takes 15 minutes, and just one pan. You are not going to make a huge mess in your kitchen.
I have for you today these colorful and tasty vegetables with bacon and edam cheese. If you can’t find the Edam cheese, you can use any soft cheese you like, it can be mozzarella, gouda, brie etc. As soon as the cheese melts easy, feel free to use it.
Many things about this dish make it different. It’s something you can eat for lunch or dinner if you want. The ingredients…. wow there’s so much to say about all of them.
Let’s start with the mushrooms. Mushrooms provide you with a lean proteins source as they have zero cholesterol, fats and very low carbohydrates. They contain vitamin D and are the only fruit or vegetable source of this critical vitamin. To learn more about mushrooms, read our article “11 interesting facts about mushrooms“.
One serving of freshly frozen peas has more vitamin C than two large apples. “9 things you don’t know about peas” is another article that I think you should read.
Just look at this beauty!
The things you need to do are the following:
- 100 gr bacon
- 100 gr mushrooms
- 100 gr broccoli
- 50 gr sweetcorn
- 50 gr frozen green peas
- 50 gr carrots
- 100 gr of your favorite, easy-melting cheese, Edam in my recipe
- 50 gr butter
- Start with the bacon. Cut it in small pieces and put it in the hot pan. Cook for 2 minutes and then add the finely chopped carrots and the mushrooms.
- In another 3-4 minutes, you can add the broccoli, sweetcorn and the frozen green peas. Season well with salt and pepper and add the butter.
- Cook all the things together for 5 minutes.
- While still hot in the plate, sprinkle with some of your cheese and enjoy!
That’s it for today. See you soon 🙂