Hello foodies! Let’s meet the new week with lots of love so it can give us a lot more reasons to smile.
It’s almost 2 months now since Top Food Facts became a friendly place for vegans. At first it was only a 2-week challenge, but I really enjoyed stuffing myself with fruits, veg, legumes etc.
There’s already 7 of my friends that I succeeded into turning vegan, some of them 90% vegan (they still cheat with a bit of cheese or a piece of bacon). They started feeling better and the new food that goes into their plates makes them happy. They motivate me to keep going and really believing that this kind of food is really healthy for us, because at the end it’s all about the way you feel. They all lost a bit of weight, and they all rediscovered the real taste of the natural products.
I am also connecting with some very influential vegan bloggers on the topic “Why Vegan?”. Have a look at all of our interviews – you can learn a lot from them.
Exactly a month ago, I showed you how to cook a very nice vegan pasta and many of you came back to me with impressive results! I am happy that you liked it, so now I have one more idea about how to use the same sauce with basmati rice.
In case you’ve missed the pasta recipe, I will show you one more time how to do the sauce.
- 2 cans of chopped cherry tomatoes
- 300 gr of mushrooms
- 1 head of broccoli
- 3 big carrots
- 1 clove of garlic
- maple syrup, salt, pepper, basil, thyme, oregano, parsley
- 250 gr of cooked basmati rice
- Start by frying your carrots with a bit of oil on a medium heat
- Then add the mushrooms, broccoli, garlic and season with salt and pepper
- Cook for 6-7 minutes until the mushrooms change to a darker color and then add the tomatoes and all the herbs that we suggested
- Let it simmer on a low heat for 50 minutes until it's thick
- You can taste the sauce and always put more salt if you want, or if it's too salty just dissolve with some water and cook for another 5 minutes
- Serve on top of your fluffy basmati rice
It’s super delicious! I sprinkled some cayenne pepper on top because I love spicy food. The way all of these flavors meet is extraordinary. The real taste of natural food.
Have a good day guys, see you soon!