It’s less than a week until Christmas and we are patiently waiting for the good old Santa Claus to come and bring us the things we texted him about 🙂
This week brings me amazing childhood memories. All the build up for the best holidays of the year makes you so emotional when Christmas comes. It’s the presents, it’s the food, it’s family, it’s the festive decorations etc. All those things are giving each one of us unforgettable moments. I am here today to show you what food to put on your table, so that you will impress your precious guests – because on that day you have to be with your closest.
The meal that I am presenting to you today is vegan shepherd’s pie. This is undoubtedly delicious!
Ok, it’s time for the recipe – I am not going to waste a lot of your precious time – you have to be more offline around Christmas. So here we go.
- 500 gr potatoes
- 100 gr green peas
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 red chilies
- 2 leeks
- 200 gr chopped tomatoes
- 100 gr carrots
- 150 gr mushrooms
- 50 ml maple syrup
- 1 tbsp of flour
- salt, pepper, paprika, thyme, oregano, parsley
- Cut the potatoes into smaller cubes so they boil faster (around 20-30 minutes) and mash them, seasoning with salt and pepper and adding some of the boiling water so it becomes silky
- Set aside and start cooking the delicious vegetable stew that goes underneath
- Start by frying the onions, garlic and leeks for about 5 minutes
- Add the carrots, mushrooms and the red chilies, and season with all of the herbs
- Cook for another 5 minutes and then add the chopped tomatoes, flour, 200 ml of water and the maple syrup
- Lower the heat and cook for 20 minutes until it thickens
- Transfer the stew into a baking tray and cover with the potato mash
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, until the a crust forms on top and it's golden brown
It may look difficult because of all the products, but it’s actually very easy once you see how it’s done.
It’s totally worth cooking it – tastes exactly like Christmas!
It’s time for me leave you – happy holidays!
Be with the people you love as much as possible – that makes Christmas special.
See you soon!