Hello there! How is everyone?
I am having a very nice day off, watching some tennis at home and enjoying the silence around me. It’s day number 11 as a vegan and that’s great!
It’s a cold and rainy day and I am spending it exactly the way I like – covered with a warm blanket in a very comfortable horizontal position on the couch.
The recipe that I am going to show you today is something that brings back very good memories – roasted peppers marinated in olive oil, balsamic vinegar, fresh parsley and chopped garlic. I remember the way we used to roast them in our back garden and then spend a lot of time peeling them and placing them in jars for preservation. I love eating them straight away while they are still hot. That smokey flavor is incomparable! I like having them with some bread. It’s a good side dish for pretty much anything.
I picked different colors for that case, usually the red ones are the sweetest and the most delicious of them all.
Preparing them is easy, let me show you.
- 500 gr of sweet peppers
- a handful of finely chopped parsley
- 1 clove of finely chopped garlic
- 50 ml of olive oil
- 50 ml balsamic vinegar
- a pinch of salt
- Roast the peppers in a very hot pan without using any oil
- They need around 4-5 minutes, each side
- When they turn black almost all over, you can place them in a bowl and cover
- Let them stay for 10 minutes, so they can soften up and they are much easier to be peeled
- When you peel them you can mix them with all the other ingredients
And you will end up with that beauty in front of you.
Having vegetables all the time is a good thing. I enjoy exploring all the different tastes and their colors.
So I will keep being vegan for now. I haven’t missed any of the dairy or meat products so far. I hope it stays that way, so I can see more benefits of this food diet. You never know, until you do it and you see it for yourself.
If you still haven’t seen any of our vegan recipes, check our latest posts.
That’s all for today, guys! See you soon!