Hello my foodie friends! I hope all goes well with you.
I’ve been very busy recently… the weather here in London is too nice in the last couple of months. This means that my kitchen is constantly busy and time just flies away.
Today is my 10th dayof being completely vegan! It’s a great experience. I don’t feel sleepy anymore – I used to feel tired everyday, even when I was off. Now I don’t feel the same way – I am full of energy. My skin feels better as well – it’s smoother. I also lost 4 kilograms of my weight! But I am quite big, so I am losing fast. I was 100, now I am 96.
What makes me really happy, is that already four of my friends joined me on my journey, and they are really enjoying vegan food! They send me photos of their food everyday.
The world of veggies is so vast, and the diversity of food is great. I don’t miss meat so much, to be honest – and about the milk, I don’t think that I will ever drink it again!
Let’s now get to the point, and let me show you my new recipe – bulgur with tomatoes, asparagus and smashed peas!
- 200 gr bulgur wheat
- 150 gr of cherry tomatoes
- 30 gr onions
- 1 clove of garlic
- 800 ml of water
- 150 gr of asparagus
- 200 gr garden peas
- Start by frying the onions and garlic, for about 3 minutes
- Now you can add the asparagus, chopped into small pea sized pieces, and the chopped cherry tomatoes
- Season well with salt and pepper
- Cook for another 3 minutes and now you can add the bulgur
- Let it cook for 2 minutes, and add the water, then cover with a lid and let it simmer on low heat, for 10-15 minutes until all the water gets absorbed by the bulgur
- In a separate pot, you can boil your peas for 10 minutes and then drain and smash them
- Season them with salt and pepper
- Serve and enjoy!
This meal fills you up and leaves you with a big smile.
Being vegan teaches me a lot about the different qualities of the vegetables. There are so many ways of cooking them and so many combinations, that you can have something different everyday. Because if you keep having the same thing, you will just get bored and they you’ll say that being vegan is not good. Just keep trying all the different grains, beans etc. and see for yourself!
I will now go back to the kitchen, because I am planning to eat some hummus and tomatoes… mmmmm…. can’t wait!
I’ll see you tomorrow, with another recipe.
Bye my friends, have a good day!