Well hello there! Thanks for stopping by. You have just made a very good choice.
The thing that we have prepared for you is a lunch jar. A jar that you can fill with your favorite veggies and grains. The layers that we chose for ours are:
- Cous-cous with chives
- Sweet potato mash
- Sauteed garden peas
- Crunchy slaw with black sesame seeds
- Rainbow tomatoes
So many good things in one small jar! And it’s something that you can prepare the night before and eat it on your lunch break on the next day. Having such a huge choice in such a small space, gives every single bite that wonderful combination of all flavors at once – magical…. You can add or remove any of the layers – it’s up to you what you’re going to fill it up with. You can do it with quinoa, instead of the cous cous, you can do a broccoli mash instead of the sweet potato, you can substitute the crunchy slaw with some crunchy nuts or fresh spinach etc.
The jar is so beautiful that it will inspire you to create more and more. It’s so easy to be made and so easy to carry it with you anywhere you go. It can be a travel jar, a picnic jar or a lunch break jar or anything you can think of jar 🙂
Let me guide you through our layers.
- Layer 1: 50 gr cous cous, 50 ml hot water, a sprinkle of chives and a pinch of sea salt
- Layer 2: 1 tbsp of pomegranate seeds
- Layer 3: 1 medium sized sweet potato, salt and black pepper
- Layer 4: 30 gr garden peas, salt
- Layer 5: Half a carrot and the same amount of cabbage with a sprinkle of salt and black sesame seeds
- Layer 6: A couple of cherry tomatoes
- To cook the cous cous, boil some water (the same amount as the cous cous) and let it cover the cous cous for a minute with a plate on top - when it's ready mix in the chives and the salt
- For the sweet potato mash - peel the sweet potato and boil it for 30 minutes until soft - mash it with a fork and season with salt and pepper
- Sautee the garden peas in some oil for 3-5 minutes and season with salt
- Stack up your jar and enjoy!
It’s a great idea to diversify your lunch and to enjoy your break much better. You will save some time, looking for a place to eat or what else to try from the super market. Preparing yourself will save you money as well and it’s healthy to the max!!! I really enjoyed it so I am sure that you will find it amusing.
Thanks for being with us guys – see you soon 🙂