Don’t you just love the idea of having a raw vegan dessert ready in less than 2 minutes? No added sugar and completely natural!
We have prepared for you walnut and chocolate brownies with matcha powder and almond flakes – it’s so amazing.
To be honest, an year ago, I would laugh at that dessert – I just wasn’t informed enough about the importance of some of the foods we eat.
Using dates as a natural sweetener and an amazing gooey texture creator is something I love doing lately.
A bit more about dates
They are rich in several vitamins, minerals, and fiber. These delicious fruits contain oil, calcium, sulfur, iron, potassium, phosphorous, manganese, copper and magnesium, which are all beneficial for health. Some health specialists have said that eating one date per day is necessary for a balanced and healthy diet.
Dates are one of the best sweet and versatile foods that can regulate the digestive process. They can significantly boost energy levels in people within half an hour of consumption.
One of the most interesting facets of dates is the presence of organic sulfur in them. This is not a very common element to find in foods, but it does have a worthwhile amount of health benefits, including the reduction of allergic reactions and seasonal allergies. Thanks Organic Facts!
We also used some matcha powder to sprinkle on top which:
- Is packed with antioxidants including the powerful EGCg
- Boosts metabolism and burns calories
- Detoxifies effectively and naturally
- Calms the mind and relaxes the body
- Is rich in fiber, chlorophyll and vitamins
- Enhances mood and aids in concentration
- Provides vitamin C, selenium, chromium, zinc and magnesium
- Prevents disease
- Lowers cholesterol and blood sugar
And here’s what we actually got at the end.
And, as promised, here’s the recipe!
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- ¾ cup dates, pitted
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup raw cocoa powder
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- Put the walnuts and dates into the food processor, and process until chunky. Add in the salt, vanilla, cocoa powder, and maple syrup
- Blend into a nice smooth texture. Pour it into an 8-inch by 8-inch cake pan lined with parchment paper.
- You can eat them straight away, but they will be very soft - so keeping them in the fridge for 30 minutes before consumption is a good idea
Thank you for being with us – don’t forget to check out our Instagram feed for some new inspirations!