Hello food lovers!
Today our recipe is inspired by Ella Mills, better knows as Deliciously Ella.
We will show you how to make her super tasty sweet potato rosti!
You don’t need much skills to do this one, it doesn’t take much time as well. And on top of that the result is great. It can be used as a side to your favourite piece of meat, it can be served just by itself with some salad and a good sauce etc.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and grated
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped (if you like it less spicy, only use ½ chilli)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 4 tablespoons buckwheat flour
- salt and pepper
- In a large, non-stick lidded frying pan, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil over a high heat.
- Meanwhile, place the remaining ingredients in a bowl and mix them thoroughly.
- Spoon the sweet potato mixture into the hot oil, in 4 even mounds, making sure they’re not touching each other. Cook over a high heat for about 2 minutes, gently pressing the mixture down every now and again so that they compress into nicely shaped patties.
- Cover the pan and reduce the heat to as low as it will go. Let the steam cook the patties through for about 7 minutes. When you take the lid off, the underside of the rostis should be lovely and crispy and the patties will have reduced in size.
- Gently turn the rostis over with a spatula, then whack the heat up to high again and cook for 3 minutes until the second side is browned nicely. Take off the heat and serve.
In our case we served the rosti on top of some mixed salad with cherry tomatoes and avocado.
Next time I will do it with some garlic sauce as well, because this will be a very nice combination.
I love following Ella’s recipes because of their simplicity and they are all so healthy and delicious. If you don’t have any of her books it’s time for you to get at least one, she has three already. They are all big hits and she is very open to her audience if you have any questions about her recipes.
Thank you for being with us today!
See you soon food lovers.