Hello guys! Hopefully you had spent some time out in the sun already and you have put all of your winter wear away.
I had a chance to enjoy some sun recently, just for a couple of hours, and I was inspired to create a salad. Salads are crucial for the hot days. You get a lot of important nutrients to go through the day, and you catch up on liquids – just by eating a lot of veg.
I went to the market and started looking for colors. I saw some mixed radishes, cherry tomatoes, baby spinach and I was in love straight away – I already knew how they would look like in the same plate together. I am a cheese lover, so I took some feta cheese as well. I knew that my salad was still incomplete and I kept looking for that special kick of flavour – and then I found it – rose harissa paste. That’s a spicy pepper paste with rose petals and some cool oriental spices that make it really delicious. Having this paste together with some white crumbly cheese, feta in my case, is the highlight of this salad. And just because I wanted some extra protein in my plate – I decided to top it up with a poached egg and some quinoa.
Let’s go through the simple steps one more time.
- 200 gr of spinach
- 150 gr of mixed cherry tomatoes
- 100 gr of mixed radishes
- 50 gr of cooked red and white quinoa
- 50 gr feta cheese (goat cheese will do a good job as well)
- ½ tbsp of rose harissa paste
- 2 poached eggs
- Wash all of the veg nicely and drain
- Cut the tomatoes into halves
- Slice the radishes into thin slices
- Using a big salad bowl, start adding your spinach followed by the tomatoes and radishes
- Sprinkle your crumbled feta cheese and quinoa on top
- Distribute the harissa paste evenly around the salad
- Top it up with a poached egg
Let’s have a look at this gorgeous salad.
It is simply amazing! You don’t even need to add dressing to it. The combination of the runny egg yolk, the cheese and the harissa paste are the leading flavours that run the show in your mouth when you eat it.
I really hope that you try this recipe – you won’t be disappointed. I fell in love with the taste of it.
Thank you for being with us one more time – see you soon!