Today’s special is our roasted potatoes with chorizo, carrots and eggs. Always a big winner. This is an easy and a quick one.
I always cook this one when I run out of ideas, because I know that I can never get enough of it. I will never say no to this meal. I can even say that it’s in my top 3 favorite dinners. Another favorite of mine is this one – slowly cooked pork joint with vegetables. Yes, I am a meat lover… and a potato lover.
Just look at it. It’s so beautiful. The soft eggs… the spicy chorizo.. the sweet carrots… the delicious potatoes… WOW!
Let’s move on to the recipe.
- 500 gr new potatoes
- 250 gr chorizo
- 150 gr carrots
- 5 eggs
- butter, salt, black pepper
- First thing I do, is to cut my potatoes into two pieces
- Then I slice the chorizo
- After that I peel the carrots and chop them at a slight angle
- I start the cooking process in the pan. I put olive oil with a little bit of butter and I start sealing the potatoes.
- When they get nicely coloured, all over, I add the chorizo and carrots. I cook them for another 5 minutes and then transfer it all to a casserole and I put it in the oven, set to 220 C, for 45 minutes.
- When 40 minutes are gone, I take the casserole out and crack 5 eggs on top. I return it in the oven for another 5 minutes and that's it! Enjoy!