Hello everyone! How is everything going?
We are in the last days of 2017. Another year gone by… so quick…
It was a year of changes. Top Food Facts went vegan in July this year. There is a lot of information about being vegan in our new category Why Vegan.
We saw that eating this type of food is not boring at all. It’s actually very tasty and it opens up a completely new food world. I tried so many things for the first time and I am quite happy with myself. Vegetables are the real fuel for our bodies. Even if you overeat with them, you won’t feel so heavy and tired.
After all, it’s not a secret that meat is not healthy for us. There’s evidence all over the world that having too much meat on our plates is very dangerous in the long term. It does harm to your body and it does harm to nature. We just have to face it – if you were the one that had to kill the animal yourself, and then cook it, you would give it a second thought.
So….. after a short lesson it’s time for our new recipe.
We have prepared for you a festive salad with roasted sweet and regular potatoes, asparagus, pine nuts, harissa, black sesame seeds and fresh dill.
- 250 gr potatoes
- 200 gr sweet potatoes
- 100 gr asparagus
- 10 gr of toasted pine nuts
- 1 tsp of black sesame seeds
- 1 tsp of harissa paste
- 1 tbsp of vegetable oil
- a bunch of fresh dill
- salt, pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Cut the potatoes into cubes and put them in a mixing bowl
- Add the oil, salt, pepper and harissa and toss them nicely, so they get completely covered with all that flavors
- Roast them in the oven for 45 minutes
- When they are almost done, you can cook the asparagus in a hot pan for 3-4 minutes, seasoning them with salt and pepper
- Arrange all in a big serving plate and sprinkle with the pine nuts, black sesame seeds and fresh dill
Asparagus is packed with antioxidants, ranking among the top fruits and vegetables for its ability to neutralize cell-damaging free radicals. This, according to preliminary research, may help slow the aging process. Asparagus is a very good source of fiber, folate, vitamins A, C, E and K.
This salad is very fulfilling, very tasty, very good……
It’s all I have for you today – hope to see you soon!
Bye bye 🙂