Hello guys! All good? I feel great – I am free for the next two days. A well deserved short break.
I have an amazing recipe for you today. It’s my favorite soup. It changed my opinion about cauliflower. I always thought that cauliflower had a very pale taste – but this proved me wrong. Another recipe that shows how beautiful vegan food can be.
The first time I made it was about 7 years ago. It was part of one my special menus, that I used to offer in our family restaurant. Everybody loved it – and they still remember it. So silky, elegant and very healthy for you. The thing that makes it different than an ordinary cream soup, is the sauteed mushrooms on top. This adds an incredible contrast in textures and it adds a nice taste.
Just have a look.
What do you think about it? I am really in love with that creamy beauty!
It’s time to reveal my recipe.
- 1 big head of cauliflower
- 2 medium sized carrots
- 1 large onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- salt, pepper
- balsamic vinegar
- In a big soup pot, add the cauliflower with the carrots, onions, garlic and cover with water
- Season with salt and pepper and let it boil for 30 minutes
- Blend the soup until smooth
- Sautee the mushrooms in a hot pan, for about 4-5 minutes, season well
- Serve with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar, and a spoonful of mushrooms
This will change your perception of that extraordinary vegetable.
To be honest I don’t see how people can be scared of trying to be vegan. I challenge you to try it for 2 weeks only, and you’ll see how interesting it is. You will start to feel super healthy, and your weight will normalize. The good things is that you actually consume less calories and you get more nutrients.
That’s all for today guys! See you soon!