Hello guys! How are you today? I hope you are doing well… I am completely exhausted…. my time is extremely limited these days… But I will never forget you. So here I am with our new recipe! This week I decided to share with you one of my grandma’s cakes – a sweet sponge cake. The dessert is actually called “revane” in our language – Bulgarian. But the easiest way I can explain it to you is – it resembles sponge cake with sugar syrup.
She made this one for me, when I was back home.
We are moving on to the recipe now.
- 4 eggs
- 100 gr sugar
- 100 ml vegetable oil
- 150 gr all-purpose flour
- 10 gr baking powder
- vanilla extract
- And for the sugar syrup -
- 500 ml water
- 200 gr sugar
- Mix all the products for the dough in one bowl, and then transfer into a casserole.
- Bake in the oven, until golden brown, at 180 C.
- When it has cooled down, pour over the sugar syrup.
- You can serve it with some chocolate or you can eat it just plain.
I am sorry for the short post, but the recipe is worth sharing. My time, as I said, is extremely limited these days, because our kitchen is busy. I will have more time to share with you, in the following weeks.
Stay tuned for more! Tomorrow is our new interview in the category Istafoodie of the week!
Bye bye food lovers!