Hi guys! Happy weekend to all of you that have the chance to be off on a Saturday – it’s magical. That’s my first free weekend in 4 months, and I appreciate it.
I want to share with you today the perfect lunch idea! It’s vegan pasta with mushrooms, carrots, tomatoes and fresh herbs. I cooked the sauce for 50 minutes, just because when all of that tomato sauce thickens up the taste is out of this world, so it’s worth the wait. On the other side – it’s super healthy and you can’t get enough of it.
Just look at it.
And here’s the recipe for you. I am so happy that you will be able to cook that for yourself – trust me, it’s very good!
- 350 gr wholewheat pasta
- 2 cans of chopped cherry tomatoes
- 300 gr of mushrooms
- 1 head of broccoli
- 3 big carrots
- 1 clove of garlic
- maple syrup, salt, pepper, basil, thyme, oregano, parsley
- Start by frying your carrots with a bit of oil on a medium heat
- Then add the mushrooms, broccoli, garlic and season with salt and pepper
- Cook for 6-7 minutes until the mushrooms change to a darker color and then add the tomatoes and all the herbs that we suggested
- Let it simmer on a low heat for 50 minutes until it's thick
- You can taste the sauce and always put more salt if you want, or if it's too salty just dissolve with some water and cook for another 5 minutes
- Cook your pasta 2 minutes less than this according to the instructions on the package, and then mix in your sauce and let them cook for 2 more minutes until they blend together and the pasta cooks nicely
The recipe that I provided is ideal for lunch for exactly four people. Pasta makes you feel full and all the other vegetables inside give you natural body boost because of all their qualities. Vegetables are really good for you and you will never be hungry again. You can eat as much as you want, because they have less calories and more nutrition – that’s why they are good.
And to be honest, when you eat it you don’t really miss the meat or cheese. This is completely natural for your body – all the things that you put into your pasta are real.
It’s time for me to pack my bags and go – because my holiday starts! I will keep you posted with the food I eat back home.
See you soon guys!