Hello everyone! Happy new week!
We are back with another seasonal vegan recipe. I have prepared some lovely baby sprouts with cashew nuts, red hot chili peppers 🙂 and sweet potato mash. Usually the brussel sprouts are a bit bitter, so combining them with sweeter ingredients creates a great balance and their taste becomes completely different.
Brussels sprouts are a very good source of many essential vitamins, fiber, and folate. They are especially high in Vitamin C.
Avoid sprouts that featuring loose leaf, yellowish and light in hand. Fresh sprouts keep well in the refrigerator for up to a day or two. Remove any damaged or discolored outer leaves and store fresh unwashed sprouts in plastic bags/zip pouches in the vegetable container in the refrigerator.
If you want to know more about brussel sprouts – click here.
So… let’s get back to business.
This is what our meal looks like.
And here’s the recipe.
- 300 gr brussel sprouts
- 50 gr cashew nuts
- 5-6 small red birds eye chilies
- 1 big sweet potato
- salt, pepper
- 50 ml maple syrup, 50 ml american style mustard, 50 ml soy sauce
- 50 ml vegetable oil
- Peel the sweet potato and cut into small pieces - boil them for about 20 minutes, rinse and mash.
- Season the mash with salt and black pepper - set aside.
- In a hot pan start by frying the halved brussel sprouts in vegetable oil.
- Season well with salt and black pepper.
- After 3 minutes you can add the hot peppers and the cashew nuts and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Now you can add the maple syrup, mustard and soy sauce and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Serve on top the sweet potato mash
- Serve the
That’s a great winter dinner – all seasonal products meet in one plate and create something so delicious.
I was really amazed by the final result – I knew it was going to be tasty, but it was a bit more than I expected.
It’s always nice to surprise yourself with new flavors.
I am now leaving you alone – don’t forget to have a look at our latest recipes.