Hello hello guys!
I have something sweet for you. It’s a cake. As you may probably know, we love making cakes and we have an eCookBook as well.
This week the cake is – Cherry and Apple with cream cheese frosting, sprinkled with some biscuits mixed with sea salted chocolate. All these three different levels of the cake, combine into one amazing, well-balanced taste at the end.
The cake looks very attractive, and there are fresh fruits inside, the perfect summer delight!
Let’s move on to the recipe now.
- 2 pink lady apples
- 100 gr cherries
- 350 gr sea salted milk chocolate
- 3 eggs
- 100 gr all-purpose flour
- 5 gr baking powder
- vanilla essence
- 200 ml double cream
- 200 gr full fat cream cheese
- 50 gr crushed biscuits
- You can start by preparing your fruits, by peeling the apples pitting the cherries, and then cut them into 1 cm cubes. Set them aside and start with the chocolate.
- Melt 300 gr of the sea salted chocolate and transfer it into a bowl.
- Add the eggs to the chocolate, one by one, and mix nicely.
- Add the flour, the vanilla essence and the baking powder and stir until the mixture is smooth and has absorbed all of the flour.
- Now add the fruits and mix again.
- Transfer the chocolate mixture into your cake tin and place it in the oven, set on 160 C, and bake for 30 minutes.
- When the chocolate base is ready, let it cool down and then you can proceed with the frosting.
- When the base has cooled down, you can beat the cream cheese and the double cream, until you get a frosting with a smooth texture. Top the chocolate base with the cream cheese frosting.
- At the end, melt 50 gr of butter and add it to the crushed biscuits and 50 gr of salted chocolate and mix nicely, so it melts the chocolate a little bit and it moisturizes the biscuits.
- Sprinkle them on top of your finished cake and ENJOY!
I hope you will make this one for you, because it will freshen up your hot summer day.
This is it for today. See you soon food lovers!