Happy Valentine’s Day everybody! We love you, we love each other and we love food! We are going to show you our Valentine’s dinner – pork joint, cooked in the oven for 3 hours, with mushrooms, potatoes and carrots… simply amazing. The preparation time is around 15 minutes and it’s very easy. The cooking process itself is around 3 hours and the result is magic!
Cooking a big piece of meat is always a challenge. You always have this fear of getting it dry, but don’t worry it’s not rocket science. It is maybe one of the easiest things to cook. You don’t have to give it so much attention. You just have to be precise with the seasoning and the cooking time. Trust me, it’s worth every single minute in the oven.
Ok, let’s get to work now!
- 500 gr pork joint
- 200 gr potatoes
- 200 gr carrots
- 100 gr mushrooms
- tomato paste
- salt, pepper, thyme
- Make a good mix of the tomato paste with all of the other seasoning that you are going to use. We are using salt, pepper and thyme.
- Rub it all over your pork joint and lay it into a casserole
- Place all the vegetables around it and season them with salt and pepper
- Add some butter, all over your products
- Put 250 ml of water and put your masterpiece in the oven ( 220 C, for 2 hours and 30 minutes) , covered with aluminium foil
- Uncover your meal for the last 30 minutes, so you will get a nice and tasty crust on your vegetables and meat
- Serve with a glass of good wine and enjoy!
The sauce that is created inside is number one! Pour it all over your dish and be amazed. You can see how it looks like – it is simply amazing!
Happy Valentine’s Day one more time. Have a good night with your loved ones and never stop cooking 🙂