Hi guys! Are you ready for some action?
Let’s get started then!
It’s beetroot week over here on our website and after posting the delicious beetroot carpaccio it’s time to move on to the next recipe.
We have prepared a beetroot soup with almonds and chives – no words! It’s a very good companion on a cold December night. I recommend that you try as much seasonal vegetables as you can – you get the pure taste of things. They really do taste better when in season – and their price is low as well.
Another thing that makes this special – the color! Oh… that vibrant red color is so appetizing! Top it off with some chives and crispy almonds – you are taking it to the next level.
- 4 medium sized beetroots (peeled and cubed)
- 150 gr new potatoes
- 100 gr carrots
- 50 gr onions
- 1 clove of garlic
- a handful of roasted almonds
- chives, salt, pepper
- Start by frying all of the vegetables in your soup pot and season
- After caramelizing them a bit, you can cover with water and put the heat to a low
- Let it boil for 40-50 minutes (if you cut the vegetables into smaller pieces it will cook faster)
- Transfer it in the blender and let it work until it becomes creamy
- Serve with almonds and chives on top
There you go! Another beautiful dish with beetroot as a main ingredient. Another one is coming tomorrow night – stay tuned.
Have a nice day guys and enjoy cooking!