This sauce is excellent for pasta (especially lasagna). We like the peppery taste of the chorizo, and mushrooms as well.
We will show you the proper way of making it. You will never go wrong with this recipe. If you want, you can prepare a big quantity of sauce, and freeze it. When you want to use it, you just have to defrost it and do whatever you like 🙂 . Maybe you will need to add some water, and let it boil for 3-4 minutes. The sauce will taste like you have just made it. So….. using all these vegetables like celery, carrots, onions etc. makes the taste better and the texture crunchier.
The things you need to have in order to make this sauce are the following:
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 100 gr onions
- 200 gr carrots
- 200 gr celery
- 250 gr mushrooms
- 400 gr chorizo sausage
- 300 gr pork shoulder steak
- 1 liter tomato puree
- 300 gr chopped tomatoes
- 100 ml red wine
- salt, pepper, oregano, sugar
- basil, thyme
- You can start off by cutting all your vegetables in small cubes (as seen on the picture)
- Take a big sauce pot and heat up some olive oil
- You should start by frying the onions and garlic first
- After 2-3 minutes, add the carrots, celery and mushrooms
- Season well with salt and pepper
- In 5-6 minutes, deglaze with the wine and add the chorizo and pork shoulder
- Season again with salt and pepper
- Fry for another 6-7 minutes, until the meat is almost ready
- Then add the tomato sauce and chopped tomatoes
- Add sugar, lots of sugar, so you kill the sourness of the tomatoes. You can use honey as well.
- Season with salt, pepper and add the fresh basil and thyme to your pot.
- Let it simmer for 30-40 minutes.
- Taste your sauce, if you want to add something, add it. If it's salty, you can always put more water and balance the taste.
- Use the sauce with your favorite pasta, topped with some nice cheese
We hope that you will make many of your guests very happy! 🙂