How are you guys? I am sure everything is OK. Thanks for visiting our website, we hope you find it helpful.
Today’s recipe is something that made me very happy! I was so surprised by the result – super delicious.
I never thought that I would enjoy cauliflower that much. If you follow carefully our easy recipe you will feel exactly what we felt – satisfaction.
The first thing you need to do is break down the big cauliflower head into small, wing-sized, parts. Then you need to dip them into the flour, water, garlic, paprika and salt mixture, roll them in the breadcrumbs and then bake them in the oven for 20 minutes. Take them out, dip them in the sweet chili sauce and bake for another 10 minutes. When they are ready you can sprinkle them with black sesame seeds and chives. I think that from now on this snack will be my best companion when watching football games – it’s so delicious guys.
You can actually use this recipe to substitute chicken in all of your favorite Chinese recipes – do them with sweet and sour sauce, black bean sauce, teriyaki sauce… combine them with all the nice veggies and noodles or rice… actually anything you can think of – these small sticky gorgeous bites of heaven are perfect!
To be honest with you, when I was shooting the recipe, they slowly started disappearing, and after around 20 shots I was left with only 6-7 of them so I needed to start taking close-up shots – I couldn’t handle myself and I kept eating and eating 🙂
Looks like the cauliflower is a good friend with the paprika and garlic combo – it gives it a very deep flavor and lots of character.
Let me now show you the recipe with the ingredient’s list.
- 1 small head cauliflower
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup water
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp finely chopped garlic
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 200 ml sweet chili sauce
- For the sprinkling:
- black sesame seeds
- fresh chives, finely chopped
- Break the cauliflower head into wing-size parts
- Mix the dry ingredients together, except the breadcrumbs, and add the water
- Mix nicely until the mixture becomes smooth
- Start by dipping the cauliflower into the flour mixture and then roll them into the breadcrumbs so they get nicely covered all over
- Bake in the oven, set to 200 celsius, for about 20 minutes
- Take them out and toss them into a bowl with the sweet chili sauce so they get covered all over
- Return into the oven and bake for another 10 minutes, so the sauce becomes nice and sticky
- When you take them out for the last time, sprinkle them with some fresh chives and black sesame seeds
And coming up next week:
I will do a special one – my favorite Chinese meal – General Tso’s Cauliflower “chicken”. I will use the same techniques for the cauliflower as this one today. I just have to find the best recipe for the awesome General Tso’s sauce.
That’s all for today guys – see you soon! Thanks for stopping by one more time 🙂