I really think breakfast is super important. The way your day starts is crucial. Why not start it with this avocado toast. This will definitely take you somewhere else and make you fully ready to meet the rest of the day. So much flavor on a piece of toast. So many textures dancing happily in your mouth, sending happy signal to your brain. You will straight away change the way you approach tasks in your work place for example. I really believe that the food you eat can change the way you behave.
Making vegan “bacon”, using aubergine, is quite fascinating. It becomes crispy, with a nice texture inside, and full of flavor. Putting it on top of granary toast with mashed avocado, roasted mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes and chili is one of the best ways to enjoy it.
Let’s go through the recipe.
- 2 slices of your favorite bread (in our case - that's granary)
- 1 ripe avocado
- ½ aubergine
- 100 gr mushrooms
- 20 gr sun dried tomatoes
- chili, salt, pepper, black sesame seeds
- 10 ml maple syrup
- 10 ml soy sauce
- 10 ml olive oil
- Cut the aubergine into thin slices and brush all over with the maple, olive oil, soy sauce and paprika mix.
- Cook in the oven, set to 150 degrees, for 45 minutes
- Mash the avocado and season with salt and pepper
- Cook the mushrooms in a pan, for about 5-7 minutes, seasoned with salt and pepper
- Start arranging your toast, starting with the avocado, and then proceed with the mushrooms, sun dried tomatoes and the aubergine "bacon"
- Finish the toast with some chili powder and black sesame seeds
A really nice breakfast!
Thanks for being with us today – we will not post until next Tuesday. It’s time for a short break.
We will be back! See you soon guys 🙂