Hello food lovers! I will be very quick today, just because it’s Friday, and I don’t want to keep you in front of the screen too long.
It’s been a while since I last posted a cake recipe. That’s why I have prepared something very sweet for you today.
I will tell you how to make yourself a beautiful apple and walnut cake with cream cheese frosting.
Let’s have a look at the recipe.
- For the sponge
- 250 gr butter
- 250 gr all purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 150 gr sugar
- For the cream cheese frosting
- 150 gr cream cheese
- 200 ml double cream
- For the apple and walnut mixture
- 2 grated apples
- 50 gr finely chopped walnuts
- 10 gr powdered sugar
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- To start off with the sponge mixture you need to melt the butter and beat it well with the sugar
- Then you need to add the eggs and mix
- At the end add the flour and fold it in with a wooden spoon - nice and slow
- Divide the mixture into two cake tins and bake for 35 mins on 170 degrees
- For the cream cheese frosting - simply beat the cream cheese and double cream until it becomes thick
- Mix the grated apples with the walnuts, powdered sugar and cinnamon
- When the sponge layers have cooled down, start layering the cake as shown on the picture
It’s really easy and super tasty. You will impress everyone with this beauty!
I will let you enjoy your weekend now! See you next week guys – I have something interesting to tell you, but let’s leave it for Monday. We will start a new thing on our blog, but I will keep it as a secret for now.
See you on Monday foodies!