Hello hello! Welcome to Top Food Facts!
We are here again with another great seasonal recipe.
What we have prepared for you today is a gorgeous puff pastry tart with aubergines, peppers, parsnip and leeks.
The process is super easy – anyone can do it. You don’t need to have any skills or cooking experience to prepare this tart. You can do it with shop bought puff pastry and just lay all the ingredients on top and bake – it is quite impressive at the end.
I love using leeks. I love the texture, the flavor and the look of it.
Adding leeks to your diet helps ensure that you meet your recommended daily intake of Vitamin A. A single one-cup serving of leeks boasts 1,484 international units of vitamin A — 64 percent of the daily intake for women and 49 percent for men, set by the Institute of Medicine. Getting enough vitamin A in your diet supports healthy blood cell development, including the growth of new red blood cells that transport oxygen, and white blood cells that fight infection. Vitamin A also helps your retinas — the tissues in your eyes that detect light and color — to function under low-light conditions. (Thanks LiveStrong)
Puff pastry always reminds me of my grand mother’s breakfast treats. You can really let your imagination work with it – different shapes, desserts, mains, starters…. anything you want can be prepared with puff pastry. It’s so easy to work with and then when it’s ready…. fluffy… crispy…. warm… delicious!
And here’s the recipe for our seasonal tart.
- One sheet of puff pastry
- Ajvar (a Balkan spread made out of roasted aubergines and peppers with great spices) - if you can't find just roast aubergines and peppers and mash them together - season with salt, pepper and fresh garlic
- 1 leek
- 4 small sweet peppers
- 2 medium sized parsnips
- a sprig of fresh thyme
- oregano, paprika powder
- Start by spreading the ajvar on top of the pastry sheet
- Then put all the other ingredients on top, cut in the shapes that you prefer
- Sprinkle some sea salt and oregano on top and bake, in a preheated oven to 180 degrees, for 20-25 minutes
- Take it out and decorate with the fresh thyme, this will intensify the flavor and aroma of the tart
That’s a beautiful main dish, for a lazy dinner. Enjoy it!
That will be all for today – thanks for stopping by, one more time.
See you soon guys!